Wednesday, December 30, 2009
January-moved out of second rental & in with my parents while our house was being built
February-Jax begins to walk
March-Jim turns 32
April-Our anniversary, married 7 years
May-Preparation to move into our house
June-move into our new home, Amy turns 31
July-lots of unpacking!
August-Ross turns 4
September-Ross begins his last year of preschool
October-Best Halloween ever, the boys loved it and walked alot around the neighborhood
Jim & I spent a weekend in Asheville and visited Biltmore (first vacation w/o
kids since I was 6 months pregnant with Jax)
December-Jax turns 2, Hosted both sides of the family in our home for Christmas.
After looking over the moments above it has occurred to me that this year has flown and I hope to take the next year a little slower (yeah right).
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Speaking of joy....joy is having another frig in your basement when the one in your kitchen is having issues. Yep...the frig is out of commission for now and tomorrow is Christmas Eve (well as I am writing this it is 1am on Christmas Eve) and no customer service to talk to at 11pm when we discovered the issue. Oh well, I just feel blessed to have another frig and I am not letting get bother my joy of the season, the frig just isn't a big deal it will get fixed. I am feeling the joy and peace of the season!
Monday, December 21, 2009
I guess I am still holding on to the baby part of it, knowing that it will soon be a thing of the past.
Happy Birthday Jax!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Ross is getting excited about Santa coming and Jax is not really sure what is happening, he knows who Santa is but not sure what he does. I cannot wait to see their faces on Christmas Day! I not sure who is more excited, them or me??
Monday, December 7, 2009
Jax and I played and he went down to sleep. So sweet!
Me, quiet time.......Sweet!!!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Tonight I fixed breakfast for dinner: eggs, bacon, and pancakes. It was a new recipe for the pancakes and they were great! Ross said "Mommy, Your pancakes are good they are my favorite, and Nana's" Jax & Ross ate alot tonight and were actually quickly to fall asleep tonight. They LOVE pancakes!! Did I mention that earlier??
I am watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on TV and that movie is my all time favorite Christmas movie!! Funny!!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday we attended the Christmas Parade in Locust. It was so good and the boys had a great time, they loved the police cars, fire trucks, and of course Jax liked the tractors. Ross picked up lots of candy and we even had cookies from the Fresh House! I was surprised the loud sirens did not scare Jax, he did not mind one bit!
Sunday we hung Christmas lights outside on our small bushes and we decorated out mailbox too. Ross enjoyed helping and he suggested that we have at least one twinkle light, so the small maple has twinkle lights on it.
I cannot believe it will be December tomorrow. Am excited about the month ahead and all the fun things to do with the kids. I have also almost completed my December Daily album, so I can put together all the things we do and a picture from each day into the album so the kids will have an idea of what we did during the month later down the road. Nice keepsake.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
During this time of year it is good to reflect on what you have and what you are thankful for, even the small things.
Today, I am even thankful that Ross called me "Bad" for making him sit in time out. That means I am getting my point across that his bad behavior will not be tolerated. :)
Monday, November 23, 2009
- Jim-he does many things that go unnoticed around here, little things, like this morning when I got in my car to take Ross to preschool, I noticed that Jim cleaned my car out last night when he put the carseats back in my car, all the trash was gone and all was neat. He also took all the Christmas decor back upstairs and straightened up the garage. He works hard for us and sometimes I fail to tell him "Thank you" but I have to remember that even the small things are worth acknowledging.
- Naptime-Ross is getting out of this stage I believe, but for now he stays in his room and plays or "rests" quietly. Jax takes short naps which gives me a little time to get a few things done.
- Cookies-these are my saving grace somedays, when the kids get rowdy or playing rough, I just say "lets have a cookie and some juice" and they are ready to sit for a short time. They stay put and enjoy their cookies while I can finish what I started. Jax has a "cookie dance" it is so cute!!
- Scrapbooking-I am hoping to complete a December Daily album this year. I love to scrapbook and it give me the chance to tell the story of our kids lives and our own for the boys to enjoy later own. I am a little behind ok, alot behind, on their albums but I will catch up soon (I hope). But the daily album will be nice to document our lives during the holiday season and be able to include things that I normally would not include in their own personal albums. Like what our tree looked like and decor around the house and what we did together, cookie baking, crafts, etc. I am excited about this!!
Friday, November 20, 2009
- Lotion-My hands are hurting so bad right now, I bet I wash them 100 times a day!
- My car-I love my car and that it gets me where I am going.
- My ability-this is my ability to do for our family, like laundry, cleaning, cooking.
- My eyesight-to see our boys and my hubby and all the beautiful things on this earth.
- Option to change my mind-I mean, like mood, when things seem to stink or nothing is going my way I am totally in a sour mood, I have the option to change how I feel, it is up to me, and that things are not always going to go the way I think they should go, and I need to concentrate on the positive around me and what I do have, not the negative and what I don't have.
These are just a few and hopefully I will add more tomorrow or so, it is my plan up to Thanksgiving.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- I want to be more appreciative of what I have and instill that into our children. It is so hard to get caught up in the world around you and you find yourself looking at what you don't have, instead of all that really do have. I have come across a quote I found that I tore out of a magazine that I am going to find a permanent place for in my home.."Be thankful for what you have: You'll end up having more." --Oprah Winfrey
- To play more with our kids and experience this joyful and merry time of year together. For me it is so slow down, not worry about the laundry or the messy house, just spend some time with the boys each day doing something together, like baking cookies, writing a letter to Santa, doing a craft or even coloring with them instead of letting them color while I am doing other household things.
- To spend time together just Jim, I and the boys and give them the memories that they will remember for many years to come. Like putting up the Christmas tree together or reading Christmas stories. Those things we have done with them already this year but hope that we continue to do it year after year and that it becomes something they always remember us doing together. And we hope to come up with a few other traditions as well.
- To concentrate more on being joyful and appreciate the warmth of family and friends during the holidays. And pass on to our boys that family & friends are to be valued and to nurture those relationships.
- To instill in our boys the reason for the Christmas season, Christ. And that it just isn't about Santa. And to pass on to them the importance of giving to others less fortunate not only during this time of year but all the time.
- For our boys to enjoy the laughter, wonder, magic, spirit and sharing of the holidays. Ok so we are still working on the sharing part but hopefully they will come around soon! :)
- I hope to enjoy some quiet time with Jim this season and also enjoy those sweet treats that only come around this time of year!
TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
1. for my family & friends to be happy and healthy
2. sewing machine
3. a small table for living area under our new painting
4. new scrapbooking supplies
5. new clothes
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
A baby blanket that was given to me as a gift from my great aunt
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
knitting a baby blanket
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
Barbie Doll Dream House
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
A Green Tractor with a trailer that runs by itself, their own personal pool table and balls
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
Pecan Pie & Ham (not at the same time of course)
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
This year I hope to make a December Daily Album for my family
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
9. Favorite holiday song?
Oh Holy Night
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Snuggling on the couch with my hubby watching Christmas movies & watching our boys play & baking goodies for the holidays :)
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I am so ready to put up Christmas decorations, maybe I can talk Jim into putting them up next weekend. That will give me some time to get the windows cleaned (which I have been putting off, well more like just have not found the time to get it done). So if I tell myself, "After I get the windows cleaned then we can put the decorations" then maybe I will force myself to do it instead of doing other daily chores or checking my email. Oh well, we shall see....
Monday, November 2, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Today my mom came over and spent time with my boys.
Today my boys took a longer nap than they usually do. (So I took an hour nap myself)
Today Ross went to his first soccer practice and he did sooo good! He stayed in place & kicked hard.
Today I thought about my best friend at home with her 6 week old.
Today I talked to my Dad and Sister on the phone, it was good to talk to them.
Today I did 2 loads of laundry.
Today I realized it is about 2 months till Christmas.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Ross tells you what is on his mind. He starts out by saying, "Mommy, I need to tell you sumpin" He talked to Jesus while in the car: "Jesus, can you give the donkey some new teeth" He gets quiet for a moment then I hear him say "ok" Then he tells me "Mommy, Jesus said he will give the donkey new teeth in 5 weeks" I said that was good and Ross agreed. Then he asked "Jesus, can I please get a green tractor for Christmas?" Quiet moment then he says "ok".
Jax is very vocal as well, his vocabulary amazes me! He was crawling (driving) his toy car and was interfering with his Dad getting dressed and he said "Sorry Daddy" without any prompting. Today, he was pushing his bus around and I told him he needed to put it away and get ready for bedtime. He said "I need to get gas" he stops the bus and pretends to put the gas hose in the bus and says "shuuuu" then puts the gas hose away and drives his bus back to the parking spot in his closet. Jax is always concerned about Ross and always wants to know where he is. Now when he wakes up in the morning first thing out of his mouth..."Roooossss" ( I feel a little sad that he does not call me :) my little man is growing up) No, I am happy that they love each other and I hope that they grow up to be lifetime best friends.
I love our days right now, routine, and playing with the boys, I think I need to take more pictures!!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Chocolate Pie it was soooo goood! This was a recipe from Queen, Jim's grandmother. I was surprised how well it came out . Also, things have been crazy here. Ross started back to preschool for the fall and he loves it just as he always has. He is learning to write his name and 2 letters each month. In September they are learning to write the letters F and A. I love watching him practice here at home and learning new things! Jax is growing like a weed and wanting to like big brother! He does everything just like Ross, some which drive me crazy and other I think are just adorable. Jax loves cars, tractors and trains. His vocabulary amazes me, he is saying so many words and sentences it blows my mind he knows all this at 21 months.
I am trying to get organized, printing out weekly cleaning lists, working on scrapbooks to get them caught up, finding time to organize my kitchen cabinets, my to do lists get longer everyday and somehow I will get caught up....lets just hope. I need a way to remember things so I need to figure out what works for me, I just can't keep it all straight anymore. Too much happening but I am working on it and will figure it out!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Yesterday the girls and I went out for dinner. By the girls, I mean, Liz, Carrie and Kim. We had the best time! It was so great to see them, to laugh and to enjoy our time together. We talked about everything! We had a wonderful time! It is such a blessing to have such wonderful friends and although we cannot get together as much as we like, we still know that each are there in case we need them. Carrie gave me a beautiful wine glass with my initial and polka-dots on it!! I love it, it is so girly! :)
Jim is so amazing! When I came home he had both boys in bed, kitchen cleaned up as well as the entire house picked up- no toys, they were put in there place and laundry done! I love him! Thanks babe for helping me out!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
My sis, Beth, is here! She came over after her busy day to spend some time with me and the boys! I am so glad she did! She helped me with the boys and clean up after dinner and even washed some of my dishes! I love my sis!! She loves to play with the boys and it is so great to see my sis with my little men, priceless :)
Ross is glad she came over and is spending the night......he is talking away to her now and telling her that we do not wear bracelets in bed :)
Better get to bed! Busy day tomorrow!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Here are a few funny conversations with our kids:
In the car and Kenny Chesney with Uncle Kracker is playing on the radio.
Ross asked "Mommy, who is that singing with Kenny?"
Mommy says "That is Uncle Kracker."
Ross said "Uncle Kracker that is a funny name!" Ross begins to laugh and Jax begins to laugh also
Jax while laughing says "Uncle Cookie!"
In case you are not familiar with Jax, he loves cookies and every cracker is a cookie to him.
The next conversation was with Ross while Mommy was looking at pictures online. In the pictures there were toys and he noticed one that is just like a toy he has.
Ross says "Hey! They have a toy like mine! Why do they have one like me?"
Mommy says " Well, Ross when they made those toys, they made more than one of them."
Ross says "That was so nice of them."
So cute!! :)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. It is an organization of mothers, pregnant and with children of preschool age. We meet twice a month at a local church. I am in charge of publicity for our group. I have been working on brochures to put out in various places in the county and I have also put our group on Facebook.
I am not on Facebook myself, everyone asks.."Are you on Facebook?" I have been wondering for a while and still am "What is the big deal?" Well, I think I am beginning to see what the "big deal" is. It is a place to see pictures of people you may not have seen in a while, chat with those you see all the time, or just make general comments about your life for the world to know. Anyway, I am still debating the Facebook issue. What do you think?
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Today we went shopping at Southpark and then ate at my favorite pizza place..WOLFMANS!!! I love that place!! Then off to Target. The kids were so good and they had not even had a nap! And Ross is spending the night with Mama & Papa and Jax is in the bed early. Wierd..I get time when I am able to do stuff I normally would not be able to do, like scrapbook for a while or bake a dish have been wanting to try, but instead all I feel like doing is going to bed! Does that ever change? I hope I will stop being so tired. But, I guess what can I expect when little ones or in my case at this time, little one is keeping me up at night.
I cannot believe Ross is going to be 4 years old in a few days! Time is flying! He is such a little man and so cute! I have got to post some pictures soon. Last time I tried we were having internet issues and the pictures would not load, but now the problem has been fixed so I will have to try again.
Off to watch some mindless tv and snooze :)
Sunday, July 12, 2009
We are back from the beach-had such a good time and of course we did not want to leave. The kids had a blast like always (and we did too).
This year the fireworks were beautiful as always but Ross enjoyed them so much, so did Jax. Unlike last year, Ross was scared of them but this year was so different, which I am so glad he likes them now!! Ross and Jax played on the beach and in the pool with their beach friends, Samantha and Evan. At the end of each day they were so tired and still did not want to go to bed, but who could blame them, no one wants to sleep while they are at the beach.
We are now back to the work of unpacking those boxes still lying around and hanging pictures. Hopefully all that will be completed soon. But as we begin a new week back to our normal routine I hope everything will fall into place, hopefully!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Today is my Mother's 56th birthday!!
I was standing in the kitchen with Ross and my mom when I decided to ask Ross how old he thought my mom was, here is the coversation:
Me: Ross, how old do you think Mama is?
Ross: I don't know
Me: Take a guess, how old?
Ross: I don't know, you tell me?
Me: Well, how old does she look?
Well, that is it from a 3 year old's perspective. I know that my mom is not old, but it makes me wonder, how does he see me?
Monday, June 15, 2009
I have just put Ross in "time out" and he still keeps asking me questions. Kids....I need a break....just some quiet time, alone time.
On to better notes.....Ross started swimming lessons today and loves them, he can't wait to go back tomorrow! I am so happy that he loves his lessons. When I dropped him off this morning, I swear, his teacher is the same one I had when I took swimming lessons. That was really strange, I mean I did not ever think that a lady that taught me would be teaching my little one.
Our driveway will be poured tomorrow!!!! Horray!! I am so happy about that. So maybe this weekend we will spend our first night there? Not sure but we will see!
I really need to get some pictures up on here!! But first I need to download them from my camera to my computer!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
My list of new....
new time for our kids
new town ( I know only the next county over)
new chapter in our lives
new friends (we hope this time we will get to know our neighbors)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
This rain feels like it will not ever end...I know we need it and am thankful for it but it is holding up the process of laying brick!! Oh well, it will get done eventually, I suppose.