Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry Christmas & Looking Ahead to 2014

Since Christmas is over I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you were able to spend time with the people that matter to you most. And eats lots of good food too!

Well, I had intentions to post a few recipes that I bake every year but that just didn't happen.

The last few weeks have been busy to put it mildly and by the end of the day I just want to crash!

At least our cat, Sammy, got to take a few naps by the warm fireplace

Jake, our elf, was back again this year. A few times he got a little out of hand! I must say the Mr. had more fun with him than I did! At one point we had to touch him because he fell and the next morning we found him like this (his upper body was under the burlap tree).
 
 
The kids both had awesome art work and crafts that they completed at school this month, both will be added to their scrapbooks/boxes for safe keeping. However, this one was made by our youngest. He showed it to me and said "Mommy, this is you, an angel just like you!" That was so sweet!
 



You see, our youngest got the flu. He missed his birthday celebration at school and and we had to cancel the party here at home. I felt so bad, every year I have made an effort to separate his birthday from Christmas and this year that just didn't happen. We had a small party just the 4 of us but it was no big deal and I hate that. Hopefully next year we can have a big celebration!
 
 
The boys also got to decorate their very own ornaments



Once the flu was over we were able to concentrate on Christmas. It has been fantastic! My car has not left the garage in over a week! In fact the only time I left the house in the last week was for a quick 3 hour trip to the ER.  The Mr. thought he would take the extra trash we had that wouldn't fit into our large trash can to the dump and in one of those trash bags was a glass that I had broken on Christmas Eve. The glass I broke wasn't one of those little thin classes, it was one of those thick tall beer glasses. As he reached in the back of the truck to pull out the bag he cut his thumb. I will spare you the details, it was alot of blood and honestly made me a little lightheaded to see it.... But just for future reference, if you cut yourself and you think you need stitches, just clean it really well, put a splint on it and carry on because after waiting in the ER for over 2 hours just to be seen, it will go back together and begin to heal on its own. Just saying...Can you tell I have little patience?


I love being at home and having no where to go, no where to be.
Enjoying that:
extra cup of coffee in the morning,
extra drink after dinner,
extra Christmas movie,
extra chapter at night before bed,
extra game of Mario on the Wii,
extra glass of wine before bed,
extra yummy Christmas dessert,
extra hour on the Internet,
extra snuggles on the couch.

As you can see I have indulged a little.... :) and honestly I am fighting every minute to keep the obligations low for now. However, I am aware that it will soon come to an end and we will be right back to the hustle and bustle of everyday "normal" life.  But hey! I can hope for snow days, right?!

Anyway, as we look forward to 2014 it looks as if it is going to be a busy one. Lots to look forward to and also an opportunity to meet a few goals both personally and professionally.

Even though I am now working, I will continue to post here about projects and happenings in my life. This blog has been going  since 2009 and I plan to continue. In the upcoming year, I plan to post more about happenings in my life, more photos, getting more real with you guys and sharing more. That part excites me!

Thank you for reading and staying with me all this time! I am looking forward to what is ahead in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment