Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wine & Dine Wednesday

Hey!

Ok, so I said like 2 weeks ago that I was doing this new thing on Wednesdays called Wine Wednesday...well I am changing it to Wine & Dine Wednesday!

I thought about it and wasn't sure if I should change it and I thought, "Why not? It's my blog!"

So I am changing it!

This day will include any drink (alcoholic or not), food or restaurant review. I like the broad area this will cover so get ready, you never know what you might get!

Today......

 Avocado BLT with Lemon Mayo
Bacon (cooked crisp)
Avocado (sliced in thin wedges)
Tomato (sliced)
Arugula
Mayo (as much as you prefer)
Lemon
Salt & Pepper
Toast (or a favorite crispy bread)

I cook the bacon in the oven till crispy. Then move bacon to a plate covered with a paper towel to rest.
Slice the avocado and tomato (salt and pepper to taste)
Toast your bread
Put the desired amount of mayo in a small bowl and add lemon zest and some lemon juice from the lemon. (this part I just eyeball and mix to my taste. I also add salt and pepper to the mayo to taste as well).
Then build your BLT. Lay out the toast and spread on the lemon mayo, then tomato, arugula, avocado and bacon then top with slice of toast.

Of course this makes more than one sandwich, the good thing about this is you can make as many or as little as you like.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment