Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm Me

 An adorable and precious moment to me each day is after the kids get out of the bath tub. So clean and sweet, love it! Well, here lately for about a month now, after Jax is out of the bath I wrap him in a towel and hold him like a baby and sing to him...Rock A Bye Baby. He loves it and he will ask me to sing to him and of course I do. Well after about 3 or so times singing I plop him on the changing table to dry him off and dress him.
While dressing him the other night I kept asking him if he was a baby?
Jax: "No, I not"
Mommy: "Why?"
Jax: "Because I Me, Jax!"

Well that really put me in my place...Even though I really want him to be sweet baby Jax and cuddle and let me hold him to my hearts' desire, I realized that he is growing up and becoming himself. I can't keep the "baby" because he is growing up so fast. I know this looking at Ross everyday because he is also becoming who he is as well.

I need to remember to value and nurture who they are becoming and let them become who they are meant to be, not what or who I want them to be. They are blossoming before our eyes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment