Friday, October 18, 2013

Pumpkin Makeover

A while back I completed my Fall Mantel and I painted these cute pumpkins white. At first, I loved the pretty fresh pumpkins, but then it changed. I kept thinking it needs something more, more color, a little sparkle, something!

So I decided gold was it. More gold! My original thought was glitter, but I wasn't in the mood to go all out messy plus finding a can of the glitter spray paint in town is out of the question, so I remembered that I had some leftover ribbon from a past project I worked on and so I used it to tie around the largest pumpkin. Then I remembered I had gold paint so I thought polka-dots would be good. The easiest way to get good circles on the pumpkin was to use these great small circular foam pouncers. Quick, fast and easy clean up. My kinda craft!

 
 

On another pumpkin I added washi tape around the middle to add some black. I just love the color black and cannot help it!


And more photos!

 
 
 
Much better, don't you think?!


No comments:

Post a Comment