Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Simple Fall Mantel & Fireplace Decor

 
This year I wanted something simple and easy to remove/replace when cleaning. I am still on the lookout for the perfect item for the area above the mantel. It is a large area and I cannot decide if I need a mirror, clock or something else. I had a huge clock picked out but I am afraid that it would not stand out enough against the dark rock. What do you think I need?
 
 

On the right side of the mantel is a lantern that is a family heirloom and the wood decor I picked up from Hobby Lobby a while back.

On the left side of the mantel are candles in perfect fall colors.

On the bottom right side of the fireplace are an assortment of pumpkins. The large white one is one I picked up at Michaels last year. It was originally black. The 2 small white pumpkins I picked up at the dollar store last week, they were originally orange. I spray painted the pumpkins white. The gold pumpkin is one that I spray painted last year, also came from the dollar store. The small red and orange pumpkins came in a pack from Wal-Mart that I purchased about 3 years ago. The tall burlap tree, I made several years ago.

On the left is another burlap tree that I made and another white & gold pumpkin that I spray painted. The orange and red pumpkins came in that pack I mentioned above from Wal-Mart. The frame with the "P" I made myself and you can find that tutorial here. All the leaves were part of a garland that I cut to sections.
 
Just wanted simple and easy. I think I hit that spot on. I was not sure how the white pumpkins were going to fit in. Last year I did alot of black and honestly, it blended in with the rock on the fireplace too much. The rock is dark almost blue/black with lighter white/gold variations. The name of the rock is Black Regency. This time I wanted something that was going to stand out and contrast with the rock and this definitely does that!
 
Have you started decorating for fall?
 
Linking up with Savy Southern Style and Liz Marie Blog
 


No comments:

Post a Comment