Monday, September 16, 2013

Flower Pot Re-do

Every time I walked by these pitiful flower pots, they just begged for me to change them, make them pretty. So I did.

I started with this.. yep, one even has a chip. Oh well, I carried on...


I went to Lowes and picked out Valspar Outdoor Color Spray Paint in Satin Honeywood. Pretty, yellow, happy color. I gave both pots 2 coats of spray paint. On the smaller pot I used a stencil to add a design and on the larger one I added glitter paint at the top. The stencil design and the stripe were painted using Martha Stewart Crafts Multi Surface Glitter Acrylic Craft Paint in Golden Beryl.

Next, I had to purchase cute flowers to go into the pots. Back to Lowes I went and purchased 2 potted plants, came home and instead of planting them immediately into the pots, I sat them on the side of our house under the dryer vent. Well, let me tell you now that sticking your potted plants under the dryer vent in summer is not a good idea. Add that to the fact that I totally forgot about them until we were outside playing and our little guy took it upon himself to urinate beside my plants and then he informed me that my plants had been "watered"!!! What is it with boys having to go to outside?!

In the trash they go!!!

Back to purchase more plants. This time I purchased mums.

I planted them immediately in my cute little pots.

Doesn't that stencil look darling? Here is a closer look.
 
This now makes the perfect spot for a relaxing morning snack.
 
 

I just love how the glitter stripe looks, gotta add a little bling!

This was the first time I have used the glitter paint, I used 2 coats to make sure I got the coverage I wanted.

This was such an easy way to transform these ugly unused pots. At first I thought these would just be used for summer and then I would put them away but now I am sure I am going to leave them out during fall as well.

Linking up with Savy Southern Style and Liz Marie Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment