Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Roasted Asparagus


On several occasions while in the check out line at the grocery store, the check out lady will ask me "How do you fix your asparagus?"

Me: "It is so easy!"

Here is how I do it.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

First I rinse off the asparagus then snap off the ends. Then put the asparagus into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. (I use a generous amount of salt and pepper). Mix with your hands until all spears are coated equally with oil, salt and pepper. Then spread the asparagus evenly on a sheet pan. (notice the photo above)  Bake in oven approx. 10 minutes.

Sometimes I prefer it to be more crispy so I leave it in a little longer or if I prefer it to be more raw I leave it in less time. Each time I do it , it depends on my mood how I roast it, so just play around with this until you figure out your preference.  Either way it is so simple and easy!

Enjoy!

Linking up with Let's Get Bananas and Blissfully Miller.











1 comment:

  1. I always make mine in a skillet with oil, salt and pepper, so I need to try them in the oven! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete