Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wine & Dine Wednesday

 
 

Yesterday morning I woke up to the lady on the radio saying that Wednesday is the day that the majority of people have a drink at home. Whoop! Whoop!

Oh yeah, I have to agree, by Wednesday I am so ready for a drink plus the fact that it is Hump Day (don't you just love that Geico commercial, I laugh out loud every. time. I. see. it!!!) Anyway, plus I think people realize that the weekend is just around the corner and it just seems like a great time to sit back and think about what fun is coming instead of the stress that the beginning of the week brings.

I came up with this drink on Wednesday as a matter of fact. I was craving grapefruit juice and I thought why not add a little rum, mint and lime.....next thing I knew I had a fabulous mojito on my hands and I enjoyed every last drop.



Here is how I did it:
1lime
5 to 8 mint leaves
Rum
Grapefruit Juice

I  began by slicing the lime in half. I then cut 2 small slices off of one half and set aside, then placed the slices of the lime in the glass and added the mint then mashed the limes and mint together (if you have a muddle it would work great). Then add ice to your glass. Add 2 oz of light rum then add grapefruit juice (I just filled up my glass to the desired amount) then squeezed the juice of the rest of the lime on top. Stir. Add mint and lime for garnish.

Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment