Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wine & Dine Wednesday


Today, we will talk Mojitos.

Full of flavor and refreshing with all the mint that goes into these. And that makes it the perfect summer drink!

Here is my version:

Mint leaves (I used about 10-14 leaves)
Juice of 1 Lime
1 oz. Mint infused Simple Syrup
2 oz. Light Rum
1oz. Club Soda

The day before I made the drink I made the Mint infused simple syrup:
Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar to a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add approx. 20-30 leaves of mint. Let sit till cool. Remove the mint leaves with a spoon. Pour syrup into a glass container and put in the refrigerator till cold or ready to use.  Just a little side note: most simple syrup recipes are equal parts sugar and water, but to me, my version was plenty sweet for this drink.

To make the drink:
Add mint, juice of lime and syrup to a bowl and mash with the back side of a spoon. You could muddle this but I do not have one. I also cut some of the mint leaves to release some of the juices from the leaves. Remove mint leaves with spoon or strain mixture.
Put ice in a glass, add rum, pour syrup mixture over rum and top with club soda and a mint leaf.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment