Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Homemade Cheeseburger Pizza

OK, so if you know me well, you know that my FAVORITE pizza place has a Cheeseburger Pizza. So one afternoon, I really wanted this pizza but was not in the mood nor did we feel like driving to get it. So what is a girl to do? Well, you make one yourself!


Here is my version of a Cheeseburger Pizza.

I cook hamburger and bacon (in the oven) and while that is cooking I get started on the crust.

I have made the crust from scratch and it is very good but at this particular time, I had a little help from Martha White :)

Just make the crust, whether you make it from scratch or from a package. (the crust bakes half the time now and will finish baking after you add your ingredients).



When the crust is cooking, diced a tomato and set aside. 
When the hamburger is finished cooking, drain and set aside. After the bacon has cooked and cooled, crumble it and set it aside.

Then make your "sauce" for the pizza. This is the secret.....  ;)  Mix ketchup and mustard together, you can use equal parts or if you are like us, add a little extra mustard.
It will look like this.


Then you are ready to build your pie.

Spread sauce over the crust, then spread the hamburger, bacon, diced tomato, and shredded cheese than bake at the same temperature you baked your crust for around 10 to 15 minutes (depending how you like your pie).  I leave mine in a little extra time, just to make sure the crust is done and it is crispy on top.



 On this particular day, as you can see, I added mushrooms. I have altered this basic method many ways, different veggies, sauces, cheeses. You really cannot mess this up.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment